Who would believe that I had to spend 11 weeks on bed rest, 10 of which were in the hospital, and I am now able to post that I am 38 weeks pregnant. WOW, God is so amazing. Adam and I know that he has great plans for our little Ryan and that we will some how be using this experience to minister his love to others.
At out last appointment the Doctor checked my cervix and I am already 2cm dilated. He even said that if I was still pregnant at 39 weeks we could talk about an induction. I expressed my concern because I really do not want to end up with a c-section because my body was not ready. He assured us that he only offered because I was a good candidate however the choice was totally ours. We are not sure what we want to do yet, so for now we are going to just wait and see what my body wants to do. There are some theories that because of my short and thin cervix my labor could be fast which scares me but the Doctor quickly reminded me that everything we thought would happen during this pregnancy never did. We have defied all odds!!!! He then added that because of the bed rest we could have grown a baby the size of NY and he would have to laugh if I ended up with a c-section after all that we went through. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Doctors. They approach things like normal people, not over educated "know it alls". He took me off bed rest and said that I was free to do whatever I wanted to. I have still been keeping a low profile because I don't want to over do it, but I do try to get out of the house a little each day. The plan is to build my strength back slow and steady. I will be seeing the Doctor again in the morning so I will be sure to update everyone if anything has changed.
Thank you all for your support and prayers, but I think it is time to start praying that this baby decides to come out before he hits the 9 or 10 pound mark! I also hope you enjoy my latest pregnancy pictures. I think that I have officially entered the big and fat stage of pregnancy. When I looked at them I said to Adam " I don't really look that big, Do I?" then Adam timidly remarked... " Well.... Honey the pictures are pretty dead on, you are big" So on that note I posted the pictures anyway and hope that you enjoy them.


2 comments:
You look great! Can't wait to meet Ryan!!
You look beautiful! Someday, I'll show you pictures of me in my first pregnancy. I'll show you with "BIG" looks like!! If you need anything, let me know (seeing as how we're in the same city and I didn't even know it!!!) I emailed you my phone # on myspace =)
Post a Comment