Baby on Board!!!!
Adam and I had our second doctor’s appointment today and we have nothing but great news to report. Adam was able to hear the heart beat for the first time at this visit. He may not admit it, but he was definitely in awe. I was fortunate enough to hear my Baby’s heart beat for the first time on 9/04/08. I stopped by The Teenage Parent Program (Where I am on leave from) to talk to the Assistant Principal and my friend Damiana was there. Damiana is also the school nurse who still works in the labor and delivery unit at a local hospital. Well, to make a long story shorter she had the machine in her office and I was able to hear the heart beat. I was so anxious, but we heard it. It was beating nice and strong! It was truly a magical moment. I was a little sad that Adam was not there, but I could not know that five feet separated me from hearing my Baby’s heart and then say no. So I went for it. Luckily Adam understood, and we are both very thankful to Damiana for the experience!Well, back to today’s visit. Not only did we hear the heart beat, we found out that all my initial labs came out great. Everything was with in normal limits. The doctor said that my uterus was growing according to schedule and that I looked great. The best news was that I lost 1 pound! I guess I am still in weight watcher mood because I thought that was fabulous news, but the doctor had a different opinion. She said that if I naturally lost a little weight it would be ok, but I was pregnant and she will soon be expecting me to gain a little weight. I told her you don’t know me very well, be careful about telling me to gain weight, I can just look at food and gain 10 pounds! So we will compromise and I will promised to eat very healthy, just like I was on weight watchers but with out counting the calories.
My second trimester will begin on Wednesday, at with point I will be 14 weeks. The time is already flying by! I know that the baby will be here before we know it. I just keep thinking that I only have 26 more weeks to get my house clean enough (if there is such a thing). We will be having our next appointment on October 13th, and then we will have a level II ultrasound by the end of the month. That ultrasound will be done at the hospital and they will measure every little part of the baby, and tell us what we will be having. My mom will hopefully be joining us for that visit. Well, until next time... take care and God Bless!!!!!!!!!
P.S. My Step Brother Shelby and Sister-in-Law are having a BOY! Preston Kenneth Greenwall! They are due Jan. 20. 2009. eight weeks before us, I am so excited.

1 comment:
Great News! So no ultrasound at this appointment?
Post a Comment