Tuesday, December 16, 2008

27 week update

We had some very scary news this week. On Wed Dec10th I went to my routine (26 week) check up and told the Dr I felt funny and thought something was wrong. So Dr. Mainman checked me and said she thought my cervix was thinning out. They said go home and go to bed and in the morning at 7am they would send us for a special ultrasound to see what was going on. Well bad news! My cervix is very thin, thin as paper and I was admitted directly into the hospital. Because I was only 26 weeks they had to ambulance me to another hospital across town with a better NICU in case the baby decided to come. I was then hooked up to all the machines to make sure I was not in labor and watched very closely for the first two day. After two days they took all the machines off and said that I looked pretty stable. I was not in labor and was not having any contractions but I was told that I should plan on spending the rest of my pregnancy in the hospital. The cervix is a tricky thing so there is no telling if I am going to deliver in two days or two months (I hope two months)! As many of you know Ryan is still very small and would have to fight like hell is he was delivered, but for now things appear to be in his favor. He is a strong little boy who has been blessed by God! I have been in the hospital for one week and I am still not in labor!!!!!!!!! I also had a follow up ultrasound on Monday and the cervix has not thinned any more. I was moved to a less intensive unit Sunday night, because I am stable! They check the baby a few times a day and are keeping a close eye on me, but for now things are looking better and better as I make it through each day. God willing I will be able to remain pregnant for another couple months, but as the Doctors warn me this a truly a waiting game. They say that each day I keep the baby inside will make a huge difference for him, but if he does come the NICU is ready to help him. In all this mess I realize how blessed we are that my original doctor caught this and I am now under the watchful eye of the best high risk OB's in town. Adam is also doing well and being the best husband anyone could ask for. It is times like this I know how much I am loved, not only by him but ALL my friends and family. Please continue to pray for us, and gods will in all of this.

Every time I am tempted to fear I will declare my faith for my protection and Gods love for Ryan!

Love,
Robyn (and Adam too)

4 comments:

Jen Thomas said...

Dear Robyn and Adam,
Your in my thoughts and prayers. I have grown to love you over the past 2 1/2 years. I look forward to seeing you, you always have a bright and shining spirit surrounding you. I would like to know what hospital you are in so that I may come visit. I will put your names and Ryan in the prayer box at church.
All my love and prayers,
Jen

Shelby and Holly Greenwall said...

I couldn't help but cry after reading your update. I can only imagine how scary the situation is for you and Adam. Just remember that you have a huge circle of family and friends who are there for you and praying for you and baby Ryan. We are all hoping for the best.
Holly

Anonymous said...

Robyn and Adam,
You and baby Ryan are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
Please know that you are not alone and you have a big circle of people to lean on! We are only a phone call away. Call anytime you need to talk. Every day that passes without delivering is 1 more day that Ryan gets stronger!
Love,
Diane and Hope

Unknown said...

I just read your news. Hopefully you will be in the hospital waiting for the baby for a long time! You are in our prayers.
Love,
Vinny and Heather Riccobono