Ryan was sick the whole month of July. It started with a cold that just seemed to not go away and progressed into something much worse. I first noticed that Ryan was sick at the end of June so I took him to the Doctor on July 3rd because we were having company and I wanted to make sure he was not contagious. When I took him in the only symptoms he was showing were the average cold symptoms so she said that it was a virus. The week went by and his fevers got higher but only at night so I took him back in. This time the cold had turned into an ear infection so he was put on antibiotics. He took those for 10 day and seemed to be getting better but as soon as he finished the antibiotics he got sick again and back to the Doctor we went. She said it might me another virus but gave him a catheter to collect a urine sample to rule out a UTI but the next evening things changed. Ryan went from showing signs of a cold to showing signs of breathing distress. We decided to take him into the children’s ER at UMC to see what was up. I decided to also let his Motrin wear off so someone else would see these fevers that I was seeing every night. When we got to the ER he had a fever of 103 degrees and was having breathing issues but his oxygen level was good. They decided he needed a chest x-ray but thought that they would not find anything because he looked so good… they were wrong. IT WAS PNEMONIA! My poor baby was really sick. I was shocked at how sick he was. I knew something was up and that is why I kept taking him back to the Doctor but I did not know it was that bad. He was hospitalized for 24 hrs and then resealed when he started eating and drinking. That was a very hard 24 hours! He cried most of it and we were so thankful to go home.
kek lapis 2020
3 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment